At SMBSC, we pride ourselves on competitive wages and benefits. We employ more than 350 benefit-rated employees as well as approximately 350
seasonal laborers. Employees hired for year-round employment are offered the following benefits:
- Excellent health insurance for employee and dependents (monthly premiums range between $60 - $150 per month)
- Full dental coverage for employees and dependents with 100% of the premium paid for by SMBSC
- “Save 10” award winning 401(k) with deferred match
- SMBSC sponsored, defined pension plan
- Vacation time with 1 week of vacation accrued after 1 year of service and up to 6 weeks after 25 years of service
- Holiday pay and paid holidays
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Educational aid assistance – From on the job training to helping employees return to school to further their education, we want our employees to succeed.
Factory positions offer employees great flexibility in planning and a consistent schedule centered on 12-hour rotating shifts. Shifts work 7 AM
to 7 PM and 7 PM to 7 AM. The recurring 28-day schedule alternates work weeks of 36 hours and 48 hours, which means employees are only scheduled
to work 14 out of 28 days with as many as 7 days off in a row. To see what your future schedule may look like, view the example below.
»Shift Schedule example
We also have a variety of positions that work Monday through Friday. These positions include administrative roles such as accounting, agronomy
and environmental science. Operations and maintenance positions include oilers, machine operators, welders and more.
Human Resources Department
Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative
83550 County Road 21
PO Box 500
Renville, MN 56284
Phone: (320) 329-4181