Bring appreciable value to its shareholders, employees, and customers through environmental excellence, uncompromising
safety and unparalleled integrity, quality, efficiency, and industry leading innovation.
- Processing begins in late August or early September with the factory operating 24 hours per day, seven days per week, until completion of slice.
The Cooperative manufactures refined sugar, liquid sugar and related co-products: pulp pellets, molasses, and separator molasses solubles (SMS) from sugar beets.
- The processing facility processes approximately 3.0 million tons of sugar beets into roughly 8.5 million hundredweight of sugar.
- 80% of the refined sugar is sold in bulk truckload and rail car quantities.
- 15% is sold in 50 pound bags and 2,000 pound totes.
- 5% is sold as liquid and shipped by truck.
- Co-products produced from the processing of sugar beets:
- Approximately 100,000 tons of dried and pelleted pulp is sold as livestock feed to both domestic and foreign buyers.
- Approximately 10,000 tons of molasses and Raffinate (SMS) is sold for cattle feed and industrial uses.
Analyzing results in the Tare Lab
Collecting water samples